A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Friday, October 1, 2010

DLC bullshit

Another quick post unrelated to other stuff.

I just finished Alan Wake and the first of two DLC episodes. I plan getting rid of my 360 and wasn't planning on renewing my xbox live after the free month. To my anger, the 2nd episode that will tie up the loose ends will be released just after my trial ends.

It got me thinking about it; this is bad DLC.

DLC should be voluntary stuff; like multi player maps, weapon packs, or extra stuff that should be voluntary to the gamer to enrich his or her experience. Not this time. Remedy more or less ended their game on a cliffhanger then held the ending in order to cheat out gamers of an extra 10 bucks. The makers of Max Payne should be ashamed of themselves.

DLC should not hold out actual game content for money, it should be in the fucking game from the beginning. Otherwise you come off as lazy at best and GREEDY at worst.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment