A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Contentment

I remember that I was talking to Kenobi about a month or two ago, and he said something along the lines of, "If I die now give or take, I would be content."

My near death experience and recent feelings of blah made reexamine that statement.

He would be content.

The problem is I wouldn't.

Not.

Even.

Close.

I have been given a second chance. Thing is, it made me think about that, contentment and far away I am from it. I look to people around me and see plenty are content with what they have and happy for it. I'm not.

I both envy it and glad I don't have it right now.

The thing is I have something to strive towards, to be better. It can't rain all the time, and this bad misfortune small or large that has befallen me in my days on earth cannot stay. Greener days will come, and I will be content. The difference being of course, that I will have earned it, from appreciation of the struggle.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment