A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Today's the day

Monday, November 1st.

That could of been my last day.

I wrecked my car on my way home from Yorktown after a Halloween weekend with friend. One second of inattention sent my car into a grassy median. Attempts to brake failed. My car flipped once, twice, maybe three times. I'm not sure.

I was able to get out in one piece and without much trouble. My car was completely wrecked. My shit was strewn everywhere. In the end, I had nothing but a small laceration on my left pinkie finger. Somebody definitely loved me.

I got checked out by medics, the police came and saw the scence. By the time my dad came to get me I got a downgraded ticket, and a prepayable fine to deal with along with a dmv class.

I swore to myself after my first accident I would never wreck another car. But here I was. Though he was most likely mad, I knew my dad was just glad I wasn't dead. I could have been. When the whole deal started, I was going 65. More than enough.

It almost seems unreal. To escape something like that.

It wasn't all pick up and go. I have to deal now with the reprucussions. With putting my family through a heart attack.

Not that I didn't ponder after. I thought of some of the people in my life. I thought of Delilah* and how I almost lost her. I realized how much I still need her. I don't want to lose her.

The blood coarsing through the veins is on borrowed time always, but I just recieved a free man.

Time to go to work.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

*Note*: to those who don't know who she is, looking to the beginning of the blog. You'll know then.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I'm back and I am catching up on this blog and yeah this was a terrible and scary incident. I'm glad you walked away from this.

    ReplyDelete