A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Movies I want to see















As though who know me, I am a huge movie buff. My list of flicks to watch is constantly changing. I'm always finding new ones that interests me. More often than not they are obscure things that no one has heard of. 4 selections are as follows.



The Millennium Trilogy: Extended Editions



I heavily enjoyed them in their original versions. But when I discovered about the release of 3 hour cuts of the films, that fleshed out numerous subplots cut from editing, I knew I had to pick this up. It's like Kingdom of Heaven Directors Cut; a good film made excellent. Luckily this will be coming out this Tuesday.



I Melt With You



A polarizing film from what I've read. IMWY is a mid life crisis film on acid concerning four 40ish friends who meet up for an annual bonding weekend. However, a pact they made when they were 19 rears its ugly head. Couple that with their own failures and insecurities, the get together becomes quite dark. Unfortunately, I won't be able to see this for another two months when it comes out.



Shame



Now this is controversy. Or rather hot air controversy. A movie seems to be only controversial when hard nudity is involved. Or rather male nudity. Never mind the film is much more about that and takes a rather serious subject (sex addiction) and treats it as hard hitting and realistic as possible. I'll probably have to wait for video for this one too, because I don't think a NC-17 film has been carried in a theater since Showgirls. It's a kiss of death rating really; it's amazing how we as Americans can't make our own choices whether to see something or not. That rating is always equated to smut. Sometimes it can be true, but most of the time it is not. It is about more about our conservative views about tackling uncomfortable subjects.



Confessions



Luckily, I'll own this one soon enough (Thanks Ebay!). A Japanese film about hard hitting revenge. The "villain" of the piece makes Charles Bronson look like a pussy. When a teacher tells her high school class that her daughter was murdered by two of their fellow classmates, she sets off a chain of vengeance that reverberates through all their lives. It probably will trump "The Horseman" (which I'll blog about later) as the most disturbing revenge film I've ever seen.



That's it for now,



Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment