A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Religion

Oh boy I'm going to get some looks for this one. But fuck it.

Recently my father has been helping with the editing of my novel. He recently read "Eric" a priest character and his reaction to the impending end of the world. My father acted like he found my manifesto to start up the Fourth Reich. He had some big problems with it. He went as far as to say he felt it had no purpose with the story. But I am not here to talk about that, this is about what he said after.

He then went into a religion tangent about his own beliefs and how much he regrets that he didn't discuss it with me and blah blah blah.

That shit became extremely uncomfortable.

Let me break it down to you this way. Whatever I believe (or don't) is nobodies business. I DO NOT LIKE TALKING ABOUT RELIGION. AT ALL. It puts me at unease immensely. Everybody has that one subject they don't like discussing. For some people it is politics. For me it is religion.

What my dad does or prays or doesn't pray, I don't care either. I know I sound like a dick but I don't want to hear about it. He needs to keep that shit to himself. I do not want to know it.

Furthermore, his boo hooing over not talking about it with me, he really needs to wake up and smell the fucking coffee. This talk along with a few others we won't go into details about, are more than 10 years overdue. Those damn ships have sailed from port and he needs to let it go.

I am not saying in shape or form that religion is bad. If you believe in something, great, more power to you. It's just not really my thing to discuss. When it comes to my own views, I just don't know and that's okay. That is freedom of religion at its finest. And at the end of it all, it is nobodies fucking business but my own and should stay that way.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

1 comment:

  1. That's kind of late to be imposing one's values and faith on your son, I agree. I also think that if he wanted to change your mind on religion he could have gone about it in a more strategic or more respectful way. I mean he tries to witness to you after he essentially criticized your book. Of course you are going to shut down and blow him off. But I agree, religion is a private thing. Disclosure in that matter should be if all parties are willing to have the discussion.

    ReplyDelete