A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Haunted

It is my 100th post. WOOHOO! Who knew I'd keep this up this long. I'd pop some champange but I'm currently at work and champangeless so I'll just crack up open cocaine in a can SLAP. Once it hits your lips it's so good!

Anyways, frat boy typing over. As some know, I write in my spare time, and one day hopefully as my profession. But sometimes a novel project just can't happen; sometimes you just got scribble something out every once in a while to keep the magic going. This was just something I came up with a few days ago. That's right, a poem. That's just how I roll.

Haunted

She exists only in memory
Something illusory
A cipher haunting the souls of the lovelorn
Beauty and grace wrapped in the bow of idealization
One cannot articulate why she still has a hold
She just does

I too have been afflicted
By sickness that drives great men mad
Try as I may
She crawls through, slowly but surely
I wake to reality, to cold knowledge
She won’t be mine
That doesn’t stop the dreams




Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment