A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hard Knock Life Lessons

I decided for this post I'd share a few lessons I learned (sometimes the hard way) myself and through others that have shaped my mindset.

*You only get one good boss in your life. That one person you will never think ill of, always treated you with respect, and did good by you. The rest will all give you a reason one way or another to want to stab them in the eyes with scissors.

*A good woman like a good friend is hard to come by. Never give them up without a fight.

This next one was supplied to me by Kenobi. It shattered my mindset somewhat, but I had to hear it.

*People don't care about you as much you care about them.

The next one is one of the (very few) good things my dad taught me.

*It costs nothing to be kind.

However, as I have witnessed firsthand (and this is another Kenobi contribution)

*It is more economical just to be a terrible person instead.

*When you are 18-25 you are more often than not the most selfish, self-absorbed, immature person you will ever be. You may be a legal adult by then but your mindset is still in high school.

*Even good people do terrible things to the people they care for.

*Perception is a bitch. They think, therefore you are.

*Happiness is wasted on the ungrateful and stupid.

OR alternately

*Happiness is a warm gun.

*People who give reassurance statements ("Don't worry", "You're a great guy", "Things are going to get better for you") 9 times out of 10 never had to deal with your kind of problems in their life, therefore have no fucking clue what they are talking about.

AND FINALLY

*Above all, despite all the crap you may take, deserved or not, don't let anything get the better of you. Don't let them see you cry. Don't let them see you bleed. And by all means don't eat the barrel. It will be a hard road but to give the world the finger by surviving is the greatest fuck you. Live well, it is the greatest revenge.

That's all I got for now.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment