A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Back to the trenches

Today after quite a few weeks off, I started writing again. In about an hour, I was able to complete the rough draft of a new short story, "Flashpoint" that will hopefully be a part of a short story collection I plan on releasing as my next book.

As I sat in this goodwill trailer as the pouring rain pounds down, I got to say it felt good to be back in the groove. Of course, I still have much to do, not only with this story, but the project as a whole. I need at least I think 12 stories for a collection, though I'll have to type it all up to be sure (I'm writing by hand).

Though the road will most likely long and hard for me on this road, once again I'm reminded why I love it. It feels good to create something, to do something impratical but awesome.

I'll see what I will be able to come up with in the coming weeks and start to put it together and see what I have. Depending on what it all is, I might need a new overall title. My working title is "Snapped" since I think it will be a horror/supense collection but I guess that depends on the stories I continue to create. Then of course there is the thing of a cover design. I already have a working idea; a woman, whose raven hair obscures her face, cutting into it with a scapel as blood trickles down. Wicked eh? We'll see.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment