A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Editing and updates

Hello once again. I've been away for a bit and I have an update or two.

I am currently in my 3rd editing cut of "Tranquillity." I worked through 30-40 pages or so today and it was a more comprehensive cut in my opinion. I totally reworked some scenes and tweaked the dialogue like crazy to make it seem more believable. I am also considering writing a prologue as a way to bridge into the arcs plus add some word count since I chopped about 4-5000 words already. I still probably have 1-3 more cuts to go through before it will be as close to perfect as I can get it. Or rather to the point where if I see it again I might punch a hole in my computer screen because I am so sick of it lol.

I've basically decided that I will try to self publish the novel when it is finally done. The bookstore as we know it is dying. It is sad but telling truth. As it is, I will basically have the same chance of success self publishing as trying to wait a year for a traditional publisher to say yes. I'll hold on to all my rights and keep more money from sales. Which I hope to have many =)

So that's the dealio on all that. This is probably 1-2 months away but who knows. The speed I'm editing this book could press things along quicker. We shall see.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment