A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fuck You Green Squiggly Line

So tonight I am doing more editing of "Tranquillity". It is going along well; I am getting the hang of pruning where I got too. I overwrote a bit, wrote lines that weren't really necessary. I also have had to replace dialogue a lot since I would use similar stuff in other character arcs. But nothing that would cause me heartache.

One thing is giving me pause.

Microsoft Word. Or rather the green squiggly line it supplies when you misspell a word. Or more grievously have a fragment sentence.

This thing is driving me mad. I'll subconsciously try to appease by trying to work the sentence so it will go away. I can never make it happy. I'm always wrong. Never mind the fact that this is my book and if I want to write fragments, or dialogue a certain way, I should. I shouldn't be governed by an inanimate writing program. Do you have any idea how stupid I feel when I realize that?

So fuck you green squiggly line. One click of "Ignore Once" and I banish thee. Back to work I guess.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment