A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Why I refuse to see Transformers 3

While Transformers made near a 100 million at the box office this weekend, I outright skipped it, and went to see Larry Crowne instead. Their are several reasons why I am not really going to see this movie. I might happen to watch it on pay cable 5 years later but that's about it.

Reasons include

1.Recasting of Megan Fox. I hate recasting. With a passion. It is jarring and god forbid the other person does better, all you can think why they didn't hire them in the first place. Get the actors into multi film contracts or get someone who will. Not to mention her character arc with Shia Labeouf was one of the few things that worked in that movie. They had good chemistry and furthermore, it worked for the movie. I know that is not realistic in a sense; usually a relationship presented in that flick fizzles out within a year but hey movies are about escapism and if I can't believe that the Megan Fox's and Kristen Stewart's of the world won't go for the slightly geeky intellectual like myself, then what do I left to have faith in huh?

2. Too damn long. 2 and half hours. Every time. Trim the fat damnit.

3. Stupid comedy. Not much to say. Michael Bay you suck at comedy.

4. Action for action sake. The climax during The Killer? Has resonance. A hour of robots blowing up Chicago with countless faceless dead in the process? Not so much.

A few of the reasons, can't think of too many, it's late and all. Like I said before, Michael Bay you are not getting my money. Pull back and be a little more restrained, like The Island. I liked that movie.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah this movie was awful. Seriously that's all I have to contribute to this post. It doesn't deserve any more than a quick dismissal to the $7 bin in your local Wal-Mart.

    And yes The Killer had an awesome climax.

    ReplyDelete