A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The pruning continues

And I'm back once again.

Got to page 50 of 120 in the middle of Aaron's story. I just made my first huge cut. I just deleted an entire SCENE. That was a big thing even though I knew looking at the scene it was crap. It was poorly written, redundant in regards other characters do and didn't fit with character motivations. But still it was a hell of a step. For the most part, I chop off 5-20 words an edit and possibly add some back. I just got rid of 600+ words in one swoop. It's a big deal. But that's what novelists have to do. Chop and trim until the prose is just right.

Anyways, I hope keeping at the pace I'm working at, I'll have the first cut done by Sunday.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment