A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

1 Down, 7 to Go

I have just completed the character arc of Ryan, with about 100 words short of my quota for the day. That is not a big deal as I can finish that easily and go beyond it. With him done, I have seven more characters to write, and I can say that it is exciting to be moving on to something new. I can see a reason why some authors do multiple POV novels. It keeps them from not being bored. Ryan was somewhat difficult to write though not just for the content, but because being a recluse he didn't speak to anyone. I had to write much exposition and the thoughts from his POV. I decided in order to bring in some conflict/dialogue to find another traveler in the woods. I think it worked pretty well. Currently at 8229 words. With what I am shooting for, I will have well beyond 50k words. I will have 60000 more likely. Only time will tell. Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment