A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jason and updates. Plus: Geico

Currently writing my second character arc; Jason who's suicidal tendencies seem to strengthen with the end of the world. Currently at 10495 words, almost 500 words ahead of schedule for the month right now. Staying ahead is key. I need to be more that though if I want to finish early though, but it's late and I don't feel like writing anymore tonight. Jason has presented a new challenge in regards to character. I have to write as if I was a suicidal man. I think Dane Cook said it best. Trying to write a suicide note while NOT suicidal is not a suicide note, but an autobiography. On an unrelated note, GEICO sucks. Applied for a third time, still do not qualify for their little club. Went down to their job fair today to find out if there was anything I qualified for, and was given a song and dance by their Rep. She did fail to mention what I could of done wrong, why I didn't qualify, what I could do to change it. It more or less translated to "Fuck off, and apply again in 6 months." It's total bullshit. They take HS graduates and I have a fucking college degree. They go on and on about they are always hiring yet they won't hire me. Furthermore, they have lots of talk of there paid training. Training implies one must be taught something in order to do it correctly. So why I am not allowed to be taught. ARGH. I have fury. I can't handle this shit. I guess this is why I found my voice now. So I won't have to deal with this crap soon enough. Until next time, fly high and fly well.

2 comments:

  1. Hopefully we won't need real jobs someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah GEICO does suck. They must be doing that "were taking applications thing, so just in case we fire of half our employees for some arbitrary reason we may hire you to replace them. Until then wait six months." Fuck that. But good work with the book, you really are coming along.

    ReplyDelete