A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Raven goes to the movies

I know I might be boring some of you with all the writing posts so I thought I would break it up for a minute.

As the people who know me I enjoy movies ALOT. I watch all kinds of stuff and outside of really mushy chick flicks and kiddie movies, I have no preferences.

So to give an idea of what I consider good I will list off recent movies I've seen in the theatre and what I will eventually buy on DVD.

Scream 4- Brought the franchise back to life.

Hanna- An art house Kick-Ass minus the ironic humor.

Insidious- Proof that PG-13 horror doesn't have to suck if it is done right.

Limitless- Who wouldn't want a pill to be perfect.

Souce Code- Nifty Sci Fi with a heart.

There were a few others that were good but I probably won't see again or buy on dvd. They are the following.

The Lincoln Lawyer- Paint by numbers courtroom thriller.

The Conspirator- Decent history lesson but a bit dry.

Sucker Punch- Visually striking but film didn't follow its own rules and its ending was a bit of a downer.

That's just a sample. I've seen plenty others, and will see plenty more in the future.

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Source Code and Sucker Punch!!! Need to see Hanna and The Conspirator. Lincoln Lawyer and Limitless were not amazing but decent movies.

    ReplyDelete