A place where I can dish about the world, pop culture, and my life. I may be talking to no one, but at least I'm talking.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Tom is done; One last one to the finish line. Plus AR drama

Ok let me get the BS out of the way.

I totally screwed my graceful exit from AR. I didn't contact the proper channels early enough and made a total clusterfuck. As far as I know I will work till Monday then have someone to replace me. It had to happen. I was burned the fuck out. Mom was a bit livid. She was wondering how longer I could of worked there and why I couldn't grin and bear it. Guess what Mom? I'm doing the work not you. I'm tired of the place, I absolutely hate it, and I don't want to grin and bear it. People have left on the first day. I've gone back like 15 times. I've proved my dedication. It's time to cut the cord. The money is no good if A) you can't enjoy it and B) you had no life outside the job since they work you to death.

No, it's true. Out of the past 13 days, I've worked 12. TWELVE. Nine of those were in a row. They do that because they can. They know how bad everyone is hurting so they take advantage of people. They guilt trip you into accepting work you may not want to do because "you need the money don't you? Do you have a job next week?" etc. Fuck that shit. They are not pulling that again. I know I proably won't be called for that place again but I don't care. They whole company is about to be uprooted in a few months anyway. Good riddance.

On to funner stuff. Tom's arc is done. A bit short and definitely going to need the most work but it is done. Total word count is over 50K with one arc left to do. It should be interesting to basically finish it in one day.

Got work tomorrow (today) then a lot of stuff ahead of me. Hopefully they won't screw me on Sunday and I can hang out Kenobi who might be passing through. Fingers crossed!

Until next time, fly high and fly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment